Nowadays, more and more computer room, data room and other office buildings choose the anti-static raised floor. In order to achieve the anti-static effect, the surface of the steel raised floor would usually be covered by PVC or HPL tile. This blog will show you the difference and advantages of these two types of anti-static raised floor coverings.
PVC anti-static steel raised floor
- This product uses a conductive static network formed at the interface of plastic particles. Therefore, it has a permanent anti-static function. It can protect the machines in the rooms.
- It has good ductility. Then it will not deform and cause fracture even in very cold environment. Vinyl flooring performs better but it costs more.
- There are several colors and patterns. Moreover, it seems like marble, which has an excellent decorative effect.
- PVC anti-static raised floor is suitable for electronically controlled workshops, clean workshops, microelectronics workshops. It is also easy to see them in communications, electronics, microelectronics, hospitals, power plants, and other program-controlled industries computer rooms, clean rooms.
HPL anti-static steel raised floor
- HPL (melamine veneer) is a kind of rigid anti-static special fireproof board. It uses a variety of special paper, phenolic resin, melamine resin. And form them by high temperature and high pressure.
- HPL used nanotechnology in the resin to increase anti-pollution, wear resistance. It also has the character of high-temperature resistance, cleaning resistance, impermeability, dust-proof, shockproof, flame-proof, not easy to scratch, bright color, bright and smooth.
- It is widely used in program-controlled computer rooms, laboratories, financial systems digital library, national defense and aerospace, military industry, and other places where require anti-static environment.
- HPL tile is not suitable for dry and cold or low humidity in the north. The dry environment may cause the melamine veneer to shrink and accelerate. Moreover, it can cause cracking in such environments.
Therefore, both PVC and HPL are good choices for flooring stick face. But in dry environment, you can choose a PVC anti-static raised floor to prevent cracking. In the humid and warm south, HPL anti-static floors are the best choice. Totally the price for HPL is cheaper than PVC tiles.