Top 5 Tips to Choose Correct Finish Material for Raised Access Floors
Raised floors are becoming very popular among various industrial and commercial buildings. Because it assists in carrying out day to day operations with ease. When used in a data center, the elevated floor will have two or 4 inches of space above the concrete floor. Now, this space can be utilized by the company for various purposes such as cooling, electrical, and mechanical services, and more. Besides, the raised floor not only reduces the amount of air needed to cool the equipment, but also lowers the consumption of energy. Moreover, it improves temperature distribution across the area. When you plan on adding a raised floor to your building, there are various factors that we should keep in mind. Especially the type of correct finish material that will be used for raised flooring.
Wondering how to choose the correct finish material for raised access? Take a look at some of the tips mentioned below.
Correct Finish of Raised Access Floor Selection Guide/Tips
- Before you go ahead and choose any material for raised access, make sure the application and environment first. Here, one approach fits all will not work because different spaces have different needs such as low traffic area, warmth, and comfort, etc. so make sure you consider your business or working requirements and accordingly choose a material that can best suit your needs.
- There are various materials used in raised access which can be harmful to the body and also the environment. As a result, your workforce will feel dizzy and won’t be able to concentrate on the work. The safest flooring material is the wood core. And as there is vast development in environmental protection concepts, this material will conform to the green product requirements. Apart from wood, calcium sulphate floor and other floor panels, as well as raised floor covering, are all environmental-friendly.
Service of the suppliers
- If you have an in-house installation team, then you will not need to think much but if not. Choose a material that is easier to install. Similarly, you must also consider whether you want to maintain the floor too frequently or not.
- Price plays a major role but the quality of the material should also be on your mind. the one you choose must have high density and uniformity, low formaldehyde emission, good moisture resistance, and no deformation so that it can last longer.
- Set a budget to buy the best quality raised access floor product. As expensive is most of the time related to higher quality, don’t get fooled by this concept. If you find a product that is high in price, it doesn’t mean that it will be the best. There are a lot of attributes and qualities that must be considered before purchase.